Become A Member
Become a member
If you believe in the feminist framework and beliefs listed below, please contact our Project Coordinator at email@example.com for more information.
- It is a basic human right for all individuals to live free of violence, oppression or exploitation
- Violence against women in its many forms stems from a global and cultural context of discrimination against women and is supported by the economic, social and political structures of society
- Many forms of abuse are illegal and all forms are morally offensive demanding that the offender, not victims be held responsible for their behaviour
- Violence against women has a destructive, long lasting impact on women, her children and family relationships, as well as the community as a whole
- There is a profoundly negative impact on children who are exposed to woman abuse
- Given that women who have experienced violence may display a variety of behaviours that may not be understood or considered appropriate, it is essential that these behaviours can be coping strategies in reaction to violence which the woman incorporates as necessary for survival.
- Women have the right to services that are sensitive and appropriate and that meet their needs, regardless of social, cultural, racial, physical, religious, sexual orientation or economic factors
- All members of WAWG, consumer and the general public should be treated with respect, compassion, sensitivity and consideration for personhood